The Park Theatre project began in 2010 when Artistic Director Jez Bond found an empty office block in Finsbury Park. A fundraising campaign followed, supported by artists such as Alan Rickman and Ian McKellen, as well as the press and local residents. The building was converted at the cost of just £2.6 million.
The Park Theatre finally opened in May 2013, with a debut seasons that including the UK premiere of These Shining Lives, and the world premiere of Daytona.
The theatre is committed to producing classics, musicals, new writing, and 19th Century drama. The Park operates a policy of open book accounting.
Get social with Park Theatre:
Park Theatre News:
- Michelle Collins joins cast of new Park Theatre comedy
- REVIEW: Honour, Park Theatre ✭✭✭
- Peter Duncan to star in The Dame at Park Theatre
- Casting announced for Honour at Park Theatre London
- REVIEW: Distance, Park Theatre ✭✭✭
- Park Theatre announces cast for new play about male mental health
- Casting Announced For End Of The Pier At Park Theatre
- Athena Stevens’ Play Schism Comes To Park Theatre
- Louise Jameson and Thomas Mahy to star in Philip Ridley’s Vincent River
- Insightful New Production Faceless Comes To Park Theatre