The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- Moulin Rouge the musical to open in London March 2021
- Premieres and revivals in new Park Theatre season 2020
- Hope Mill Theatre’s Rags The Musical transfers to London
- Alfie Boe and Michael Ball Back Together UK Tour 2020
- Cirque Du Soleil Corteo Tour
- REVIEW: Solaris, Lyric Hammersmith ✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: The Man In The White Suit, Wyndham’s Theatre London ✭✭✭
- Roger Bart to play Dr Emmett Brown in Back To The Future musical.
- REVIEW: Mushy – Lyrically Speaking, Leeds Playhouse ✭✭✭✭
- Life of Pi transfers to Wyndham’s Theatre London in June 2020