The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- Tony Award-winning star Kelli O’Hara to play Cadogan Hall in November
- Casting announced for The Best Of Rock Musicals
- REVIEW: Shipwreck, Almeida Theatre ✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Keith?, Arcola Theatre ✭✭✭
- REVIEW: All In A Row, Southwark Playhouse ✭✭
- REVIEW: Only Fools and Horses the Musical, Theatre Royal Haymarket ✭✭✭
- INTERVIEW: Juliet Mills on The Lady Vanishes and touring with husband Maxwell Caulfield
- REVIEW: Gently Down The Stream, Park Theatre ✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Come From Away, Phoenix Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭
- Six the musical celebrates a Royal Centenary with their 100th Performance