The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- REVIEW: Towards Zero, The Mill At Sonning, Oxfordshire ✭✭✭
- Rip It Up UK Tour – The 1970’s – Book Now
- REVIEW: A Holy Show, Pleasance Courtyard, Edinburgh Fringe ✭✭✭✭
- FIRST LOOK: Les Miserables The Staged Concert at the Gielgud Theatre
- REVIEW: The Doctor, Almeida Theatre ✭✭✭✭
- Cast announced for UK Premiere of Amsterdam at Orange Tree Theatre
- Cast announced for Caryl Churchill’s Glass, Kill, Bluebeard, Imp at Royal Court
- Joe Sugg joins the cast of Waitress London
- Zeus On The Loose to play encore season in London
- Boeing Boeing Tour 2019 – Tour Cancelled