The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- REVIEW: Zomboid, New Wimbledon Studio Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭
- Bring It On UK Tour 2020
- Soho Cinders – new cast announced as show extends
- REVIEW: An Act Of God, The Vaults London ✭✭✭
- Bat Out Of Hell The Musical UK Tour 2020
- REVIEW: Amelie The Musical, The Other Palace London ✭✭✭✭
- Havana Nights UK Tour starring Graziano Di Prima
- REVIEW: Betrayed: The Story of Harold Pinter’s Betrayal, Aghartha Publishing ✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Aladdin, New Wolsey Theatre Ipswich ✭✭✭✭
- Strictly Ballroom UK & Ireland Tour – Baz Luhrmann’s hit musical