The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- Further casting announced for Annie in West End
- Alice’s Adventures Underground Inspires Curious Bar
- REVIEW: Drowning On Dry Land, New Wimbledon Theatre Studio ✭✭✭✭✭
- Cast to face jury in Lyric’s Terror
- Vote For Inside The West End At British Podcast Awards
- Jessica Martin To Star in Ballroom European Premier
- Cast Announced For UK Premiere Of New Musical Birds Of Paradise
- Wait Until Dark UK Tour
- FIRST LOOK: National Theatre’s Jane Eyre UK Tour
- Living A Little Comes To King’s Head