The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- REVIEW: Tina the musical, Aldwych Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Bat Out Of Hell, Dominion Theatre ✭✭✭✭
- Rebecca Trehearn Stars In Heart Of Winter At Crazy Coqs
- Macbeth UK Tour – National Theatre
- Are Bio-Musicals Taking Over Broadway and the West End?
- Six Musical Tour, Edinburgh and West End
- F*cking Men Returns To King’s Head Theatre
- FIRST LOOK: An Officer And A Gentleman UK Tour
- INTERVIEW: Playwright Diane Samuels talks about Kindertransport
- Kindertransport Tour – A Play By Diane Samuels