The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- Casting announced for Strangers On A Train UK Tour 2018
- Patti LuPone and Rosalie Craig to star in reimagined Company
- Jennifer Saunders joins cast of Lady Windemere's Fan at Vaudeville Theatre
- ART UK Tour starring Denis Lawson, Stephen Tompkinson and Nigel Havers
- Cast announced for Arthur Miller's All My Sons at Nottingham Playhouse
- Milly Thomas' Dust transfers to Soho Theatre
- FIRST LOOK: Ria Jones and Danny Mac in Sunset Boulevard UK Tour
- Theatrical chills assured at Brighton Horrorfest 2017
- FIRST LOOK: Legally Blonde UK Tour starring Lucie Jones
- Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour 2018 Announced