The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- Beautiful The Carole King Musical To Close In London
- Casting Announced For The Steamie 30th Anniversary Tour
- Meet London’s New Blondel – Connor Arnold
- REVIEW: The Colour Purple In Concert, Cadogan Hall ✭✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Adventures in Wonderland, The Vaults ✭✭✭
- FIRST LOOK: New Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Cast – May 2017
- REVIEW: Love In Idleness. Apollo Theatre ✭✭✭
- Danny Mac Joins Sunset Boulevard Tour As Joe Gillis
- Stockard Channing Returns To The West End In Apologia
- REVIEW: This Is Not Culturally Significant, Bunker Theatre ✭✭✭✭