The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- Dark Comedy Dead and Breathing to play Liverpool and London
- Ruthie Ann Miles Joins cast of King and I as show extends
- Emmy Award-winning Danny Strong to write book for ATG Frank Sinatra musical
- REVIEW: The Birthday Party, Harold Pinter Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭
- Calendar Girls UK Tour
- REVIEW: East, King’s Head Theatre ✭✭✭✭
- Motown The Musical UK Tour
- What To Watch Out For in 2018 – Paul T Davies
- REVIEW: Girl From The North Country, Noel Coward Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: SIX The Musical, Arts Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭