The Pentameters Theatre began its life in an old skittle alley in August 1968. It moved to two more locations before settling in its current home above the Three Horseshoes pub in October 1971.
Its original intention was to present poetry readings (featuring artists like Ivor Cutler, Fran Landesman, and Ted Hughes), but theatrical presentations began in 1969. The Pentameters has also hosted early performances from comedians such as Rik Mayall, Nigel Planer, and Alexi Sayle.
In recent years, the theatre in known for its many classic revivals, and the work of its touring company Traffic of the Stage.
Get social with Pentameters:
- FIRST LOOK: Sienna Miller and Jack O'Connell in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof
- Casting announced for Rita Sue and Bob Too tour
- SPECIAL OFFER: An American In Paris – Save Up To 43%
- Casting announced for Fever Pitch the opera
- Innovative new production of The Cunning Little Vixen comes to Grimeborn
- FIRST LOOK: Antic Disposition's Richard III UK Tour
- Casting announced for Joe Orton's Loot at Park Theatre
- Prom Kween heads to Underbelly Edinburgh
- REVIEW: Disco Pigs, Trafalgar Studios ✭✭✭✭
- DeLorean – the man who inspired ‘that' car inspires play