The Park Theatre project began in 2010 when Artistic Director Jez Bond found an empty office block in Finsbury Park. A fundraising campaign followed, supported by artists such as Alan Rickman and Ian McKellen, as well as the press and local residents. The building was converted at the cost of just £2.6 million.
The Park Theatre finally opened in May 2013, with a debut seasons that including the UK premiere of These Shining Lives, and the world premiere of Daytona.
The theatre is committed to producing classics, musicals, new writing, and 19th Century drama. The Park operates a policy of open book accounting.
Get social with Park Theatre:
Park Theatre News:
- REVIEW: What Shadows, Park Theatre ✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Twilight Song, Park Theatre ✭✭✭
- Casting announced for Joe Orton's Loot at Park Theatre
- REVIEW: The View From Nowhere, Park Theatre ✭✭✭
- Kathy Burke directs world premiere of The Retreat at Park Theatre
- Initial casting announced for Joe Orton's Loot at Park Theatre
- REVIEW: Twitstorm, Park Theatre ✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Tick Tick BOOM!, Park Theatre ✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Madame Rubinstein, Park Theatre ✭✭✭✭✭
- REVIEW: Chinglish, Park Theatre ✭✭✭✭