WIN A COPY OF HAMILTON: THE REVOLUTION!
BritishTheatre.com would like to offer you an opportunity to win a copy of Hamilton: The Revolution, a great new book to accompany the hit Broadway musical.
Lin-Manuel Miranda's groundbreaking musical “Hamilton” is as revolutionary as its subject. Alexander Hamilton was the poor kid from the Caribbean who fought the British, defended the Constitution, and helped to found the United States. Fusing hip-hop, pop, R&B, and the best traditions of theater, this once-in-a-generation show broadens the sound of Broadway, reveals the storytelling power of rap, and claims our country's origins for a diverse new generation.
HAMILTON: THE REVOLUTION gives readers an unprecedented view of both revolutions, from the only two writers able to provide it. Miranda, along with Jeremy McCarter, a cultural critic and theater artist who was involved in the project from its earliest stages–“since before this was even a show,” according to Miranda–traces its development from an improbable performance at the White House to its landmark opening night on Broadway six years later. In addition, Miranda has written more than 200 funny, revealing footnotes for his award-winning libretto, the full text of which is published here.
Their account features photos by the renowned Frank Ockenfels and veteran Broadway photographer, Joan Marcus; exclusive looks at notebooks and emails; interviews with Questlove, Stephen Sondheim, leading political commentators, and more than 50 people involved with the production; and multiple appearances by President Obama himself. The book does more than tell the surprising story of how a Broadway musical became a national phenomenon: It demonstrates that America has always been renewed by the brash upstarts and brilliant outsiders, the men and women who don't throw away their shot.
To win a copy of Hamilton – The Revolution answer the following question:
What is Hamilton's Full Name?
- Alexander Hamilton
- Robert Hamilton
- Phillip Hamilton
Entering is simple! Select your answer on the entry form, enter your email address and press Submit.
And the winner is… KEVIN JAMES!
Terms and Conditions:
- This prize is only available to entrants in the UK and Ireland.
- Competition closes Tuesday 31st May 2016.
- Winner will be drawn at random and announced Wednesday 1st June 2016 on this page, so check back.
- Winner will also be contacted via email so be sure to check your inbox (and your Junk folder) to see if you have won!
- If the prize remains unclaimed 48 hours after the winner has been notified, a re-draw will take place.
- Entrants agree to receive communications from BritishTheatre.com – you will love our newsletter! (However, if you wish to Unsubscribe there is a link at the bottom of every email.)